These checkpoints are referred to as “gates” and at each gate, you would have certain deliverable and targets to check your progress against. By managing a project in this fashion, you are able to ensure that you stay on track and that any issues or concerns are identified and dealt with at an early stage of the process versus waiting till the end.
WHERE DID PRINCE2 COME FROM?
- A defined structure for the Project Management Team
- Product based planning with a clear focus on Business and Customer needs
- A staged process allowing the project to be divided into manageable chunks
QUALIFYING AS A PRINCE2 PROJECT MANAGER
- PRINCE2 Foundation – The first level of qualification, the Foundation, provides the basics and terminology used in PRINCE2. Foundation training is appropriate for those looking to make a start in Project Management or working towards a supporting role in Project Management.
PRINCE2 Practitioner – Unlike some other technical certifications, PRINCE2 only has the 2 levels instead of a whole tree. The Practitioner level is the highest qualification and is appropriate to those looking to manage Projects in a PRINCE2 environment.
Latest posts by Hutch Morzaria (see all)
- Why Your Company Needs a CRM System: Benefits for Customer Success - July 23, 2021
- Top 5 Customer Service Blog Posts of June 2021 - July 16, 2021
- How an investment in CX can help your bottom line - March 13, 2021