In every business, the most important factor to satisfy to be able to become successful is the customer. They are the very reason why businesses are willing to spend millions, just to get the attention of the customers. The purpose here is to convince the customer to patronize their products or services. And to achieve that, businesses strive to provide good or excellent customer experience and harvest good customer feedback.
What is Customer Experience?
Customer experience to me is the interaction, between the customers and the business itself, through its people, logistic, system, and management. This is the result of all the collective efforts of the whole team, against the experience of their customers. This includes:
- How the staff welcomes the customers. This is a very important factor in business. The first time a customer step in your establishment/office, they already think of getting something from you. They already expect that they will be treated with kindness and that the business put value in their presence. So, if the staff was so welcoming to them, they will be sure of a good customer experience in your resort.
- How the staff addressed their concerns. Another way to be able to provide a good experience is being able to address all your customers concerns. Such complaint as leaking, not cold AC, no hot water, etc. If you are able to address their concerns fast, they will have a good experience.
- How the staff provides support. Support from staff is a welcome gesture from the new guests. Supporting your customers in many little things will give your business a good start.
Providing Excellent Customer Experience
Since customer experience is important, here are a few tips, on how to make sure your customers will have one good experience:
- Familiarity with your products/services. This first step is the most important. Customers will always appreciate when the staffs answer their questions about the products. Sometimes, a customer’s doesn’t know the location of some items.
- Be friendly. Be friendly to anyone that enters your establishment. A simple smile and greetings will make a difference. You need to do that to get good feedback as well. Do not be judgmental towards anybody’s looks. Treat everyone as equal being as they are the same customers and paid the same amount of money.
- Training. Training is equally important to provide your customers with good customer experience. If your staff is trained on standard customer service, there is no reason your customers will not have a good customer experience.
- Respect. Respect your customers, and you will also get respect. And the respect you showed your customers, will then convert into profit. Customers when you show them respect, they will not forget it. This will remind them of your resort/hotel when they plan to visit your place again.
- Be responsive. Some staffs in many businesses are not so responsive when customers are asking for any details. But, being able to respond accordingly to their queries will make them feel important.
What is Customer Feedback?
Customer feedback in my own opinion is the result of the customer’s interaction with your business. It is written by customers, to be able to show their gratitude for the service offered or they provided feedback to allow customers, to get share their experience of a certain product or services. They also bring this customer feedback to give businesses to work for improvement.
The importance of customer feedback on the business
- It improves products and services. Customer feedback will result in improvement in products and services, because, through it, you will know, the defects of the product. You will have time to make improvements and adjustments regarding their services.
- Helps to know how customers react. This will also help you to know how your customers reacted to their experiences in your business. Getting their feedback, positive or negative, is still beneficial to your business.
- Shows that you value their opinions. This signifies that you value what is important to them. This will change their impression on your business. This will give them the impression, that they are valued in your business.
- It makes you aware of the capability of your staff, in dealing with your customers. Most often, the problem lies in your staff. They cannot promote your products and services that lead to poor customer feedback.
- It helps you make adjustments in the operation and management of your business. Once you get negative feedback, you just have to look at the entire system. If you need to re-design the system, do it. If you only need to put some adjustments, then be it. Then, try to get more customer feedbacks until you have perfected the system.
- It will be a factor in future business strategies. Running a business is done in stages. Getting feedback from customers will make you decide to proceed to the next stage or fixed the current stage before going to the next level.
Poor customer experience will always result in poor customer feedback. The best way to give your customer the best experience in your business is to make him at home and comfortable, while they are in your establishment.
Giving them the importance and being attentive, to their every need’s, will always result, to their satisfaction. Once they are satisfied, they will always want to provide customers feedback.
The success of every business lies in the execution and the customer’s satisfaction. Failure on this regard will affect the profitability of a business. Unless it is fixed, and customer service is given utmost importance, business is destined to fail.
A customer’s feedback is just the mirror of how you deal with your customers. Don’t be afraid to get customers feedback, as it will help you redefine your business.
Latest posts by Hutch Morzaria (see all)
- Do the Grammys Epitomize True Customer Experience? - January 27, 2020
- Building a NOC or Outsourcing - January 22, 2020
- STOP PLACING THE BURDEN FOR GOOD CX ON YOUR CUSTOMERS - January 21, 2020